Fortescue is now consistently producing more than 170 million tonnes of iron ore per year and has an exciting future ahead, establishing itself for future growth in a global market through innovation, product diversification and asset development.
Roster: 8 days on & 6 days off
We are currently seeking highly motivated Mining Engineer to join our operations. Reporting to the Senior Daily Mine Planning Engineer, this role is responsible for carrying out daily planning and mine design work whilst maintain a high operating efficiency and key relationships with various operational teams.
- Deliver operational mine designs including ramps, roads, waste dumps and pits
- Delivery a daily mine plan to drive mining performance towards long term horizon targets
- Schedule development works
- Reconciliation of daily plan to two-week plan
- Maintain key relationships with Mining Operations, Mine Control and Processing personnel
- Must be capable of understanding design standards, procedures and mine physical
- Haulage scheduling, optimisation, waste dump designs and schedules
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
- Relevant experience gained as a mining engineer with planning and design experience
- Bachelor’s degree in mining engineering or similar
- Practical approach to engineering and design problems
- Knowledge in open pit mining preferably in iron ore and surface mining
- Computer proficiency (Excel, MS Office, Vulcan)
- Strong analytical skills
- Team orientation and strong ability to take initiatives
Our values drive our culture and performance through a strong focus on safety, family and determination. We celebrate and respect people’s differences and commit to providing an inclusive work environment. This is an exciting time to join Fortescue.
We encourage Aboriginal Australians and female candidates to apply.
Applications close: 20 Sep 2019 W. Australia Standard Time