Fortescue is now consistently producing more than 170 million tonnes of iron ore per year and has an exciting future ahead, establishing itself for future growth in a global market through innovation, product diversification and asset development.
Roster – 8/6
As part of the Engineering Team and reporting to the Condition Monitoring and Lubrication Supervisors you will be responsible for ensuring the efficient operation of the Ore Processing Facilities (OPF’s) and Train Load Out, maximising throughput rate, plant run hours and overall improvement of the condition of the fixed plant assets. This will be a hands on role assisting the Supervisor with the day to day management of the Lubrication Team activities and Technical Guidance with a strong focus on safety, compliance to plan and quality of work.
Key accountabilities will include
- Provide specialist support to the maintenance team on lubrication issues acting as a specialist and applying best practices in hydrocarbon management
- Oversee and track the weekly Lubrication Schedule and manage schedule compliance
- Monitor & mentor Lubrication Personnel to achieve hydrocarbon management best practice
- Assist with scoping and implementation of improvement projects
- Assist with the delivery of work systems and procedures to ensure that lubrication requirements are met for the ongoing safe reliable operation and maintenance of equipment in the processing plants and associated areas
- Routine and preventative Lubrication services to all Fixed Plant including topping up and replacement of oil/grease on lubricated assets to ensure asset reliability
- Manage Lubrication Condition Reporting for hydrocarbons in the plant Condition Monitoring System (PCMA)
- Provide timely reports and expert advice to key stakeholders on suitable courses of action and monitoring implementation plans
- Collect, process, dispatch and analyse oil samples and action accordingly
- Raise notifications for any corrective work or inspection in the CMMS (SAP)
- Fault finding and general maintenance of automated lubrication systems
- Ensure hazards within the maintenance workplace and the processing plants are identified and addressed
- Maintain tools and equipment to a high standard and ensure tool availability for tasks
Qualifications and skills required:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in lubrication and hydrocarbon management in mining or heavy industries
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Proven Supervisory/2IC experience
- Good communication skills with the ability to work in a team environment
- MLA/MLT Certification (ICML)
- Trade (Fitter) background (preferred)
- SAP knowledge and understanding of work management processes
- Experience in installation, troubleshooting and repairs of lubrication systems
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Excellent organisational and coordination skills
Our values drive our culture and performance through a strong focus on safety, family and determination. We celebrate and respect people’s differences and commit to providing an inclusive work environment. This is an exciting time to join Fortescue.
We encourage Aboriginal Australians and female candidates to apply.
Applications close: 13 Sep 2019 W. Australia Standard Time