Mechanical Reliability Engineer
Location: Christmas Creek
Fortescue is now consistently producing more than 170million tonnes of iron ore per year and has an exciting future ahead, establishing itself for future growth in a global market through innovation, product diversification and asset development.
The role of the Mechanical Reliability Engineer is to provide specialist technical support and long term reliability improvements by applying reliability engineering techniques, data analysis, improvement projects and defect elimination to the Fixed Plant Ore Processing Facility.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Data analysis and overall equipment effectiveness
- Specialist Mechanical Engineering support
- Defect Elimination
- Ensure correct application of Health & Safety standards
- Monitor quality assurance of critical processes
- Achieve targets set for maintenance costs reduction
- Drive improvement plans
Qualifications and skills required:
- Tertiary qualifications in Mechanical Engineering essential. Reliability Engineering qualifications highly regarded
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in Mineral Processing Plants
- Proven experience with leading root cause analysis investigations
- Strong conceptual thinking and analytical focus
- Excellent problem solving skills and continual improvement focus
- Knowledge of relevant Mines legislations and regulations
- Knowledge of CMMS systems (SAP preferred)
- Planning, organisational, scheduling and coordination skills
Our values drive our culture and performance through a strong focus on safety, family and determination. We celebrate and respect people’s differences and commit to providing an inclusive work environment. This is an exciting time to join Fortescue. We encourage Aboriginal Australians and female candidates to apply.
Applications close: 13 Sep 2019 W. Australia Standard Time