Fortescue is now consistently producing more than 170-million tonnes of iron ore per year and has an exciting future ahead, establishing itself for future growth in a global market through innovation, product diversification and asset development.
5/2 (Monday to Friday)
The key role of the Asset Health Engineer is to advance the asset health and predictive maintenance capabilities across Fortescue's Heavy Mobile Equipment (HME) fleet.
The role involves developing, implementing and maintaining a central predictive maintenance engine that monitors and analyses various equipment data sources (e.g. oil analysis, machine alarms & operating parameters, etc.), identify potential equipment defects and raises appropriate warnings in real time. It also encompasses the development of HME health data analytics, in order to identify equipment failure trends and signatures, that can be used to prevent the recurrence of similar failures across the mobile fleet. The Asset Health Engineer will also develop and lead cross site improvement projects relevant to their role.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Develop, implement and maintain a centralised predictive maintenance engine for Fortescue's HME fleet
- Develop and implement cross site projects to improve Fortescue's HME Asset Health Capability
- Lead the development and optimisation of condition-based maintenance strategies for HME fleet
- Investigate and implement new technologies that will support and improve Fortescue's HME asset health monitoring
- Continually search for ways to streamline and simplify HME Asset Health maintenance processes
- Conduct detailed technical analysis of component failures and identify failure trend and signatures, that will serve as future condition monitoring streams
- Monitor Asset Health data to ensure data accuracy and quality remains at a high standard
Qualifications and skills required:
- Tertiary Qualification in Engineering
- Extensive experience in a mobile maintenance environment
- Strong conceptual thinking and analytical focus
- Excellent problem solving skills and continual improvement focus
- Experience/skills in SQL, Python and R (desirable)
- Condition Monitoring experience and certification (desirable)
- Planning, organisational, scheduling and coordination skills
Our values drive our culture and performance through a strong focus on safety, family and determination. We celebrate and respect people’s differences and commit to providing an inclusive work environment. This is an exciting time to join Fortescue. We encourage Aboriginal Australians and female candidates to apply.
Applications close: 16 Sep 2019 W. Australia Standard Time