Wagga Wagga City Council’s Civil Infrastructure Management Team have an exciting opportunity for an experienced supervisor to take responsibility for the provision of quality service delivery through the effective maintenance and construction of civil infrastructure for the City.
- Competitive remuneration of $107,805 (base, civil liability allowance + superannuation)
- Access to Councils Flexible Working Hours Agreement
- Training and professional development opportunities
- Access to a Council Leaseback Vehicle
- Generous leave entitlements
- Collaborative, challenging and supportive team environment
Your new role: As the Operations Engineer - Urban, you will be coordinating all aspects of civil maintenance service levels including sealed and unsealed roads, footpaths, cycle ways, kerb and gutter, street furniture and CBD maintenance.
You will also be guiding, supporting and developing your team, managing a large civil maintenance budget in this leadership role as well as coordinating the provision of road closure services relating to Council and community events.
What you will need to succeed: We are looking for someone with:
- Tertiary qualifications relevant to the role e.g. civil engineering, construction management or project management;
- Extensive experience and ability to lead, engage, mentor and develop a team, ensuring effective personnel management;
- Strong time management, planning, financial and administrative skills; and
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills.
What you need to do now: All applications must include three (3) documents:
- Current covering letter,
- Current resume, and
- Statement addressing the position criteria contained within the Position Description.
What is next? Applications close Friday, 23 August 2019 @ midnight AEST with interviews to be held in the week of Monday, 2 September 2019.
If you are interested in this role and would like more information, please contact Sylvester Otieno – 02 6971 4610.
For more information and to apply, please visitwww.wagga.nsw.gov.au/jobs
As part of the recruitment process, pre-employment checks will be conducted in line with requirements of the position.
Wagga Wagga City Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer, working to ensure its workforce is representative of the community it services and encourages diversity within its teams.